The Importance of Testing One's House for Mould

  

Mould is a part of nature. It grows where moisture is present. However, exposure to damp and mouldy environments can be a cause of various health problems. Some people are extremely sensitive to moulds and can lead to nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation or skin irritation for some.

It gets worse for people with mould allergies. They get more severe reactions while people whose immune systems have been compromised and people with chronic lung illnesses like obstructive lung disease may get serious infections when exposed to mould. These people are strongly advised to stay away from compost piles, cut grass, and wooded areas; basically any area that may have been infected with mould.

Mould can be found both indoors and outdoors. It can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents as well as through heating and air conditioning systems. Mould in the air outside can also attach itself to your clothes, shoes, bags, and pets, which is another way for it to enter your home.

It can also grow in places with a lot of moisture like leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes. It can grow in places that have been flooded as well. Check out http://www.huffingtonpost.com/organic-authoritycom/mold-treatment_b_1989372.html to know more about molds.

Mould grows well on products made of paper, cardboard, wood, and ceiling tiles. It can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery.

Mould growth typically looks like spots and can be of different colours. It can also smell musty. Being able to see or smell it can mean that a health risk is present. It is highly-advised that, if there is any indication that mould is growing in your home, it should be removed at once. Check this website at biologicalhealthservices.com.au and know more about mold removal.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

To prevent mould in your home, you should keep humidity levels as low as you can. The ideal is no higher than 50 per cent all day. An air conditioner or dehumidifier can help keep it low.

Another way to prevent mould is to make sure that there is enough ventilation. Exhaust fans can be used to vent air outside your home, in the kitchen and bathroom. It is also important to vent clothes dryer outside your home.

You should also clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly after flooding. This is best done within 24 to 48 hours after flooding.

Biological health services can be contacted for mould inspection in your home. There are also mould specialists that provide mould testing and mold removal melbourne services in Sydney and Melbourne .